Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Amazing Race update

Colin and Christie jumped out to a huge lead in the latest episode, but couldn’t hold it when their flight was delayed. Sensing an opportunity to knock back the most dominant team, Chip and Kim “yielded” C&C, forcing them to wait an hour before completing their next task. Colin was not happy. Dude! What did you expect? Colin & Christie have won a leg of the race five times, including the last three legs; of course the other teams are going to hold you back, given the chance. Later, we saw yet another example of a Colin-esque temper tantrum. That’s good television, I gotta tell ya.

C&C came in last, but this was yet another non-elimination round. All four teams will compete in the two-hour finale next week and I’m going to make my predictions now just in case I forget next week:

1.) Brandon and Nicole. They’ve never won a leg of the Race (I think) but, I don’t know, I just have a hunch about them. I think God is on their side.
2.) Colin and Christie. The favorites, of course, based on their record. But they’ve won three bonus trips by this point so it’s not like they’re walking away empty-handed. They won’t win the million because I sense there will be a final Colin explosion that dooms this team to second place, possibly because of lack of money.
3.) Chip and Kim. Who doesn’t love Chip? But he’s been carrying this “team” since the start. Question: has Kim ever done a Roadblock? (My kids say she dug in the sand in Egypt – that’s it after 13 episodes). Plus, they’re going to have an angry Colin on their tail.
4.) Linda and Karen (aka the Bowling Moms). The final episode of “The Amazing Race” is always more physical than previous episodes. The Moms will fall behind but they really deserve credit for getting this far.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I once had an angry Colin on my tail. But then my doctor prescribed a diet free from spicy, greasy, fatty foods. Now its not even irritable.


I'm sorry about this. But if ever a name fit, it's this guy's.