Saturday, September 27, 2008

A non-verbal observation - I missed a good chunk of the debate tonight because I was on an extended phone call. However, wasn't John McCain supposed to be this frail, old guy? For two hours, the codger stood at a podium and forcefully stood his ground. I start shifting my feet in church if I have to sing a hymn more than three stanzas.

Extra – An even-handed review from Moderate Voice: "To summarize, for two guys who have been less than sterling debaters in the past, they each presented us with surprisingly crisp, no-baloney briefs for their respective candidacies. It was all refreshingly boring and appropriately sober for our trying times."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

However, wasn't John McCain supposed to be this frail, old guy? For two hours, the codger stood at a podium and forcefully stood his ground.

And so it's come to this.

Congratulations to our next President for not toppling over.

Eric said...

Well, like I said, I could only analyze based on what I half-heard as I was chatting on the phone.

Since the Obama campaign has tried to make McCain's age an issue (albeit subtlely), he looked spry for a guy who was supposed to be in bed, watching "Matlock."