Thursday, January 28, 2010

The awesomeness of O

You should thank your lucky stars for the Big Guy: he's trying real hard.

Now, Florida, that's why Joe and I asked for the chance to serve as your President and Vice President. (Applause.) Look, we didn't seek this office to push our problems off or take the easy road through the next election. We ran to solve problems -- problems that had been nagging at America for decades. We want to solve them for the next generation.

We ran to get the tough stuff done. (Applause.) So as I mentioned last night, I make no apology for trying to fix stuff that's hard, because -- (applause) -- I'll be honest with you -- I'll be honest with you, Joe and I are both pretty smart politicians, we've been at this a while. (Laughter.) The easiest way to keep your poll numbers high is to say nothing and to do nothing that offends anybody. (Applause.) That's true. No, no, no, you just wave, smile and -- (laughter.) That's how you do it.
That's not the big O's style: he's breathed new life into his #1 priority with his stirring speech and bold leadership. Hey, it ain't easy, but he's just the guy to do it.

Extra - VDH with the straw men: "The 'I didn't ask for' trope: Obama acts as if he bravely endures persecution on our behalf, rejects the easy path, and presses ahead on the difficult path."

No comments: