Sunday, March 09, 2003

Michael Moore cuts back on burger budget…buys books

Today I got my Sunday New York Times and – WTF? – Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men" is #1 on the Hardback "Nonfiction" Best Seller list. Despite the fact the book has been out for nearly a year, the leftie book jumped from #9 last week to the top spot this week. And, as has been the case for as long as I've been tracking the book, the NYT has a dagger next to the listing indicating "some bookstores report receiving bulk orders."

I find it extremely hard to believe this book is still maintaining some semblance of popularity. For 46 weeks now? I mean, c'mon. Moore must be sending out some acolytes to purchase books in massive numbers to keep his name on the best sellers list. There's really no other supportable conclusion.

No comments: