Sunday, March 11, 2007

Amazing Race update - All you need to know: Rob & Amber eliminated

Teams started out from southern Chile to head to northern Chile to find the next clue at a shipwreck somewhere. It's hard to say who has an uglier personality: Rob (of Team Media Whores) or Mirna (of Team Gidget and the Midget), the latter of which explained how nobody has had to work harder on the Amazing Race than her. Once at the shipwreck, it's the Detour: Navigate it or Sign it. Teams may either navigate around Chile with a compass to find a major port, or build a signpost (like the MASH signpost) showing all the places, in order, that Magellan visited.

After completing the Detour, teams sign up for a charter flight to Argentina: Oswald & Danny arrive first, followed closely by Eric & Danielle. Rob, who is so much smarter than anybody else on the Race (or so he tells us) mis-spells "Phillipines" and can't complete the Sign detour. Team Media Whores then joins forces with Team Blondies to try the other Detour. As we go to commercial, Mirna is screaming at Charla in a manner that causes my family to burst into laughter. "Charla! Charla!!!" Ahhhh!!!!

Once in Playa Larga, Argentina, Terry & Ian walk right past the clue box. Oswald & Danny and Eric & Danielle find the next clue, directing them to Isla Redonda, the southernmost point in all of South America. The other five teams are on the later flight to Argentina. At the Isla Redonda post office, it's the Roadblock: one team member must sort through hundreds of pieces of mail for a letter addressed to them. After finding the letter, teams must follow a footpath around the island for the Pit Stop.

The letters the teams received were from previous competing teams on the Race. Rob has a lot of trouble finding his letter and Mirna zips ahead leaving Rob behind. Quite fittingly, the letter that Rob (eventually) finds wishes that he's in last place. No hard feelings there! As it turns out, Team Media Whores is the last team to arrive at the Pit Stop and at this point I'm praying that it's not a non-elimination leg. And it's not! Rob, the smartest, shrewest, most strategic, reality show contestant ever is gone.

Final standings:

#1 - Oswald & Danny - Prize: Travelocity trip to Maui
#2 - Eric & Danielle
(four other teams)
#7 - Charla & Mirna
#8 - Rob & Amber - awesomely PHILIMINATED

Next week: A Rob-free show! Fantastic.

Extra - There might be recaps from Pat & Kris.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I'm with you on Rob and Amber being media whores, but you've got to admit they're ridiculously adept at reality shows -- particularly this one -- so much so that they always prove themselves entertaining.

I like seeing them around, honestly. I just never want to see them win.

That said, I think they went out too early this time around.

Anonymous said...

I looooove rob. He is sooo hot. I wish he was still on. I dont care! Did you ever see him with his shirt off? Need I say more? He will be missed.

Anonymous said...

As a long time reader, might I ask that you refrain from putting massive, major spoilers in the *HEADLINE*? I was innocently tooling around some of my favorite blogs and web hot spots while I lounged last evening in the Pacific time zone. As such, I found out about this rather spoilerish tidbit a full fifteen minutes before the episode started!

Anonymous said...

My TV went dead last night, so I was dying to find out what happened with Rob & Amber. Thanks for posting this updated !! The show won't be as much fun without Rob & Amber, but we still have the other evil team left...

Eric said...

Dr. E - Sorry about that! I think my excitement over-rode my good sense.

Anonymous said...

I would only hope that people remember what a slimy little bit of work, Amber is.

And she was long before Rob.

She is simply more adapt at allowing others to do her dirty work. But again, I will say that she is mean spirited liar who I can't say enough mean things about.

They do deserve each other.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!!! It is nice to know there is a contingent that hates Rob and Amber the way i do....lol. I totally agree that they are the worst media whores i have had the misfortune of seeing. Amber is the worst of the two definitely.Rob was hot on survivor...when he was slim and had the mustache....nowadays i would not like to see him shirtless.