Saturday, October 08, 2005

My kids are named “Isosceles” and “Seven”

Joanne Jacobs links to an LA Times article about what celebrities call their children. Stories about wacky baby names always remind me of this “Saturday Night Live” skit where Nicholas Cage (who recently named his kid "Kal-El") keeps talking his wife out of names for fear their kid will be teased at school:

Wife: Okay.. fine.. what about Ben?
Husband: Ben! Oh, fine, we're giving birth to a big bear? Great! "Gentle Ben!" "Hey, Ben, where's Jerry? Get me some ice cream, or I'll beat the crap outta ya!"
Wife: We could call him "Benjamin."
Husband: Sure. Benjamin. Harrison! "Hey, Benjamin, how's that tariff coming? Montana a state yet?"
Nobody ever teased me for my mighty moniker since you can’t spell “America” without “Eric”. Plus it’s Teutonic for “all-powerful king” or something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to my alumni profile, I am the parent of three children: Chlamydia, Xerxes, and CHUD. My listed occupation is "fluffer" (for Thundergroin Films, Inc.), and I am the author of "Ebert!" Under the maiden name category "Used to be called?" I've put down "Lew Alcindor."

Anonymous said...

I enjoyes readind your blog about islamic baby name i have a related blog at islamic baby name

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is,baby r registry us you can get it herebaby r registry us

Anonymous said...

interesting blog on african american baby name I have a blog on the same subject here african american baby name

Anonymous said...

I really liked that blog on unusual unique baby name I found some additional information here unusual unique baby name