Tuesday, June 22, 2004

AFI's top 100 songs

They're running down the best songs from movies tonight and one of them was "The Rainbow Connection" from "The Muppet Movie."

Kermit the Frog, who performed the song, appeared on the CBS show to talk about it. You know, even though that movie is 25 years old, Kermit still looks the same. I mean, he hasn't aged a day.

Update - Well, I called "Over the Rainbow" as #1 before the show started. And I picked the top three about half-way through. But no "Trouble" or "Til there was you" from "The Music Man"? That's a travesty, with a capital "T"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expected OTR to be #1 too but expected White Christmas to be #2. I was disappointed the two from Music Man were not included but very surprised that Hello Dolly didn't make the cut either. I think Hello Dolly could have replaced several of BS's other songs on the list. I didn't see Ol' Man River from Showboat but chalk that up to PC.