Thursday, June 05, 2003

Not-too-perceptive chicks

My buddy and I used to have a running gag about the Daily Planet’s investigative reporter Lois Lane. For somebody who is supposed to doggedly search out the facts and be aware of the world around her, she’s incapable of noticing that her co-worker Clark Kent looks a lot like Superman. Alas, her perception is easily foiled by those glasses.

“Lois,” we’d laugh, “You’re a reporter! Didn’t you notice any similarities?”

Now there’s Hillary Rodham Clinton who knew about her husband’s past sexual exploits, found out about the visits and late-night phone calls, but right up to the end never suspected that Bill could have been foolin’ around.

"I could hardly breathe," the AP quotes the dramatic narrative by New York's junior senator. "Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling at him, 'What do you mean? What are you saying? Why did you lie to me?' I was furious and getting more so by the second. He just stood there saying over and over again, 'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was trying to protect you and Chelsea.' "

Oh, c’mon, Hillary. You had no idea? Really? I’m not sure America is ready for somebody so easily duped as President…or Senator for that matter.

No comments: