Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Amazing wrap-up

Let’s tidy up some loose ends:

First, it looks like Joyce’s hair is coming back in:


Here’s a good recap of the final episode from USA Today.
Pat at Brainster has his Amazing Race review, and let me clarify something: although I had heard the rumor about wagering on Uchenna & Joyce, I had nothing to do with the heavy action from Massachusetts.
Lorie is happy for her team and wonders if Team Africa was required to pay the cabbie (hard to find confirmation on that one.)
The Television without Pity TAR forum is hot with conspiracy theories that the producers held up that early plane to Miami so that Team Africa could get on.
Finally, I’m getting a lot of Google hits for “Amazing Race” and “prize” or “prizes.” As far as I know there’s only the top prize of $1 million for the winning team, although I’m sure that all the teams receive a stipend for traveling and such. As for prizes handed out during the Race, I recall that Team Friends Forever got a flat $20,000 in the first leg, Team Karate got a pair of SUVs, Team America got a $20,000 voucher for Travelocity (they can use it on their honeymoon!). And Team Survivor racked up I think four separate trips to the Caribbean and such.

No comments: