Sunday, February 29, 2004

Academy Awards

I don't care what they say the rest of the night (e.g. "tanking" economy, Air National Guard) - the opening sequence where Michael Moore was crushed by a LOTR elephant was awesome!

Predictions:
Best Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins
Best Supporting Actress: Renee Zellweiger
Best Actress: Charleze Theron (sp?)
Best Actor: Bill Murray (my big dark horse pick!)
Best Director: Peter Jackson
Best Picture: Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

Update: I'm actually posting this after the first two major awards, but I told Mom this morning so I'm sticking by 'em. Tim Robbins gave an unpolitical speech (whew!) and the guy who won for "Finding Nemo" gave the best speech ever to his wife: "I'm repeating in front of a billion people the same thing I said in a note when we were in the 8th grade: I love you." Priceless.

Update again: It looks like a LOTR evening, winning every non-acting Oscar so far. Good night!

No comments: