Friday, July 15, 2005

The last 15 songs I downloaded from ITunes

“The Sign” – Ace of Base
“Get the Party Started” – Pink
“One Toke over the Line” – Brewer & Shipley
“Walk Away” – James Gang
“Pony” – Kasey Chambers
“Can’t Let Go” – Lucinda Williams
“Without Love (there is nothing)” – Clyde McPhatter
“Strokin’” – Clarence Carter
“Groove is in the Heart” – Deee-Lite
“Deep Purple” – Donnie & Marie Osmond
“You Sexy Thing” – Hot Chocolate
“How Great Thou Art” – Elvis Presley
“Boulevard” – Jackson Browne
“Here’s where the Story Ends” – The Sundays
“Heat of the Moment” – Asia

Discuss.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I'm amazed that someone else now has "Strokin'" on their iPod.

-kris@dummocrats

Anonymous said...

Naturally. It's Dick Cheney's theme song!

Anonymous said...

other than me, too?

speaking of Lucinda Williams (who, ironically, I've been listening to for the last hour).. check out "Righteously".. I'm not a country fan, but this has a serious blues overtone

Joe Clifford Faust said...

We're in tune politically, but not musically. The Sundays is the only song I picked up for my list.

I posted my variation of this list if you want to start an arguement :^).

Brian said...

I used to play Strokin' at some of the nightclubs I was the DJ at in Philly, before I retired from that game and went to law school. I used to love saying, "Sassified."

Nice choices for the iPod.

Anonymous said...

Some great picks there, and it reminded me that I needed to get some James Gang on my iPod.

The only miscue: "Groove is in the Heart." OMG, what a horror.

Uncle Mikey said...

You have a problem with Dee-Lite but not with Ace of Frickin' Base? Christ

Retired Geezer said...

How about "Shattered Dreams" by Johnny Hates Jazz?
Sounds like that might fit into your groove.

Anonymous said...

The Stones? The Beatles? The Kinks? Buddy Holly? Chuck Berry? James Brown? Jimi Hendrix? Eric Clapton? The Velvet Underground? The Clash? The Jam? Elvis Costello? Paul Weller? Any of the decent new bands that are up and about?

Last question mark:
Is this some strange difference between liberals and conservatives I hadn't quite realized until now?