Thursday, February 25, 2010

Health and un-health - I'm feeling a little under the weather today, mostly just sinus pressure. So I can't comment much on the healthcare summit today since I was at work while it was on CSpan. But from what I've read, here's my commentary for the two-dozen visitors to this blog.

As somebody who averred that this summit was a gift from Obama - and not a "trap" as some had alleged - I feel vindicated. The Republicans had prepared well for the meeting and didn't show up as the unreasonable "Party of No" that Obama had hoped for. Instead, in excruciating detail delivered in measured tones (yes, I'm swooning for Paul Ryan) the GOP explained why they - and a wide majority of Americans - opposed this "dangerous experiment" in health care reform.

Extra - NRO: "Ducking and dodging"

More - Minuteman: "I think they just have to fade." Don't you listen to what we all s-s-s-say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please. Here's a picture of the health summit:

http://www.optical-illusionist.com/imagefiles/rubinvase.jpg

To people who already decided that the health care bill is a vase, surprise! The meeting was a vase.

And to those who hold the unshakable opinion that the health care bill is two profiles, the meeting was two profiles.

Anything more than that, and you're just kidding yourself.

Eric said...

Interesting. What do you think Obama gained from this summit he orchestrated (and dominated the speaking time)?

And excuse to plow through with reconciliation? Nope, not that. Not by a long shot.