Monday, June 14, 2004

Mmmm...yeah. If you could just read this blog, that would be great.

Right Wing News has the list of bloggers favorite fictional characters. I offered up a dozen suggestions, but only one made the honorable mention list (Howard Roark in "The Fountainhead".) Here are my other choices:

Ignatius J. Reilly from "A Confederacy of Dunces" (book)
Tom Joad from "The Grapes of Wrath"
D-FENS from "Falling Down" (movie) - I'm still amazed that Hollywood made this movie
Alex P. Keaton from "Family Ties" (TV)
George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life"
Jeeves from the P.G. Wodehouse books (many titles in Jeeves & Wooster series)
Juror #8 in "Twelve Angry Men" (the Henry Fonda character)
Judah Ben-Hur in "Ben Hur"
Mister Roberts in "Mister Roberts" (movie)
"Dad"/Jack Arnold on "The Wonder Years" (TV)
Bill Lumburgh in "Office Space"

I also wanted to add Nigel Tufnel or David St. Hubbins from "Spinal Tap" but I just couldn't split them up.

Update: John reveals his personal picks.

1 comment:

Andrew Ian Dodge said...

I avoided that problem, just put Spinal Tap down as an entity all its own. Ditto the band Strange Fruit from Still Crazy.