Thursday, November 02, 2006

Senate on the fence

Here’s part of Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball predictions for the midterms:

The Crystal Ball sees either 5 or 6 seats going to the Democrats, resting [sic] party control of the Senate squarely on the edge of the butter knife.
The word, dear sir, is “wresting” as in to take away by force. I’m praying that your political analysis is as faulty as your grammar. Your welcome for the spelling lesson.

Update - Oops, my bad. As an astute commenter noted, Sabato writes that party control is "resting" on a butter knife. I think my mind blocked out all the prepositional phrases. No wonder I keep losing at Scrabble.

4 comments:

Edward said...

While I hesitate to disagree with you, I suggest you reread Sabato's sentence. He doesn't say the Dems are going to wrest control from the GOP. He says control is going to rest on the knife's edge.

Anonymous said...

And that's the wrest... of the story.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you meant, "You're welcome for the spelling lesson."

Anonymous said...

Must have been a botched joke.