Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Time out

I need a break. I’m feeling out of sorts, had a terrible commute today and I’m just generally burnt out on the latest news. Trent Lott? Ugh.

So this is all I’m going to say today: Home Depot has a commercial out right now that absolutely cracks me up. The scene is two middle-aged guys at work and the first asks: “What are you doing this weekend?”

I’m going to Home Depot. We’re going to re-paint the entire living room.”

To which the first responds, with a perfect mixture of one-upmanship and comic prevarication: “I’m building an airport.”

Hahahaha!!! I love that guy! Who among us hasn’t felt a little self-conscious about the grand projects everybody else is working on? I hope that Seth Stevenson does an Ad Report Card on this one. Brilliant.

(Editor’s note: The author built a firewood stand this summer that came out so good that his mom thought he had assembled it from a kit. So there.)

2 comments:

aughtSix said...

It's great when someone says about something you've made, "I just love the #OBJECT over there, where'd you buy it?" Isn't it?

JorgXMcKie said...

Every time I see that ad, I think it sounds like the guy is gonna paint a living room *in* the Home Depot.