Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jumping on the bandwagon

P.J. O’Rourke switches sides!

Opposing Republican hegemony is not without cost. It's going to cost me my marriage if I keep hanging around the house drinking beer. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the GOP loses. And I promise to stay involved in my children's' lives, occasionally picking them up at day care as they madly scratch their scalps. It takes a village, etc.

No price is too high to pay for principled idealism. And as soon as high-minded indignation has defeated the Republicans, there will be the impoverishment from protectionism, the horror of nuke-wielding petty dictators, and the increased killings by terrorists to prove it. Deep-thinking people will be relieved that Dennis Hastert can no longer cover up misbehavior in the congressional page program.
Meanwhile, Big Lizards asks: “Can all the polls be screwy? Of course they can.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Brilliant satire. The guy who ruined National Lampoon has still got it!