Sunday, February 25, 2024

Good question

Reason: "If Semiconductor Chip Demand Is High, Why Do We Need More Subsidies? - Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo says more chip subsidies are needed, even before the Biden administration has distributed $52 billion or measured how effective that spending was."

Coincidentally, I just finished reading "Chip War" by Chris Miller, a 2022 book about the rise of the semiconductor industry.  After finishing it, I thought to myself: "I should invest in this industry" only to discover that every company related to the chip industry was already hitting new stock highs.  ASML, TSMC, NVidia - all of them are positively rolling in cash.

Why do these trillion-dollar companies need my taxpayer $$$?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back to back post titles:

The AOC-Amazon dynamic at work

Why Do We Need More Subsidies?