Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The end of an era

Yesterday, I took all my CDs off the shelf and put them into boxes.  About a year ago, I got a Google Play subscription and now I use it all the time to listen to anything I want.  Really the only place I listen to CDs anymore are in the car and, during most of my commute, I listen to the news.

So, yes, it's nice to think I'll have a copy of "London Calling" in physical form, it will always be near unless the Internet implodes.

Trivia time!

First CD I ever purchased: "Abbey Road" by the Beatles.
The last CD (probably): "The Very Best of Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes"

3 comments:

Roger Bournival said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roger Bournival said...

I hear ya. I gave all my albums to one of my high school buddies last year. I found out later the collection's worth at least $1,000. Oh, well.

Eric said...

I might donate them to my local library.

Just can't see selling them, for some reason.