Monday, August 15, 2011

And if I may follow up, are you awesome or merely sublime?

This was typical of the hard-hitting questions President Obama faced today:
Q Yes, for sure. My name is Will Morrison (ph). I actually live in Rochester, Minnesota, home of the Mayo Clinic. Well, I just want to say I don’t think we should solve this debt crisis -- and it is a crisis -- on the backs of the middle class and the poor. (Applause.) They don’t have special interests, they don’t have lobbyists. And I want to be their lobbyist and special interest. And I just think that if we are serious about this debt, we need to ask the millionaires and billionaires to give up their tax breaks so not all the burden is on us.
Pow! Not one person asked Obama about his budget plan or debt-reduction plan. But, ooh, those darn Republicans.

By the way, virtually everything Obama says about Social Security is a lie.

No comments: