Saturday, December 02, 2017

Something I missed last night

I confess: I stayed up until 2am watching C-Span to see if the Republicans would finally pass the tax reform bill.  The Democrats' point man was Oregon senator Ron Wyden who did nothing to dispel the notion that the Dem leadership is full of old-timers; the man looks like death warmed over.

But my glee should have been doubled.  The Hill: "Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate."  Thus ends the thing I always hated the most about Obamacare: forcing Americans to buy something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/9064-figure-1.png

Surprised it took this long to get here. There'll be less modesty in 2018-19-20.

Eric said...

That's great news. Democrats should totally embrace single payer.