Monday, February 06, 2012

Super Bowl roundup

Well, obviously I would have preferred a different finish for the football game.  Here are the commercials I loved:

Volkswagen's fat dog getting into shape PLUS Darth Vader at the Mos Eisley cantina.  LOL.
Doritos cat killing dog.  I know I shouldn't laugh at feline-icide but the "You didn't see nuthin'" was great.
The "Kill Bill" / Betty White singing in the shower promo for some show.

Ads I hated:

Every Go Daddy commercial...ever.
That E-Trade baby just creeps me out.
Clint Eastwood's "Halftime in America" and not because as some have alleged that it was a commercial for the auto bailout.  It was just a long monologue of hollow bromides of cheap nationalistic boosterism.  Shorter version: "We're Americans, how you like them apples?!"  The only thing missing was a shot of the USA Hockey team beating the Russians in 1980, although that might have been in there, I don't remember.  I do remember it was Chrysler which took a bailout and is now partially owned by Fiat.  USA! USA!

No comments: