Saturday, June 24, 2006

NASCAR Saturday

Today we went to see "Cars" which was a lot of fun. Pixar movies are always great for trivia and this one was no different:
The Rust-eze sponsors each send Lightning off with a warning: "Don't drive like my brother!" This is the sign-off phrase for the popular NPR radio show "Car Talk", hosted by Tom and Ray Magliozzi, who also voice the sponsors.
Heh. Now I'm watching the Busch race from Milwaukee while thinking about the Sonoma road course tomorrow. Kurt Busch - one of my fantasy racers - grabbed the pole during qualifying yesterday so I'm hoping for another win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son and I saw Cars today. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. There was humor on two levels, which any good comedy should have. There were a number of places in the movies where the adults laughed out loud while the kids "didn't get it", which is just the way it should be, as far as I'm concerned.

This movie will be making it into the Official Weekend Pundit DVD Library once it's released.