Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wolverines!”


The now-defunct “The Ben File” was one of the first blogs I ever linked when I still had my old Smarter Harper’s page. Ben has now moved on to the brand new “Red America” blog at the Washington Post and he comes out swinging:

Any red-blooded American conservative, even those who hold a dim view of Patrick Swayze's acting "talent," knows a Red Dawn reference. For all the talk of left wing cultural political correctness, the right has such things, too (DO shop at Wal-Mart, DON'T buy gas from Citgo). But in the progressive halls of the mainstream media, such things prompt little or no recognition. For the MSM, Dan Rather is just another TV anchor, France is just another country and Red Dawn is just another cheesy throwaway Sunday afternoon movie.
Oh boy. I can see the editors at the WashPost huddled together with loosened ties wondering aloud: “What have we done?”

Extra – “It keeps me warm” - Quotes from Red Dawn.

2 comments:

Synova said...

I don't know any quotes because I couldn't watch it twice. I think I didn't sleep for two weeks after seeing that movie because my teen aged brain kept cycling, "what would I do? What would I do?"

I didn't fear an actual invasion, a Red Dawn in real life, but was so upset by the movie that riding on a bus through Lead, SD caused a tramatic flash back (the first time I'd ever seen a real "western" landscape.)

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, if I watched it again.

Bruce said...

AVENGE ME!!!