Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The terrible, no-good, horrible day

I had been hoping that a new alignment would take care of the vibration in my car, but no such luck. Brought it down to Midas who declared (as I predicted) I needed a new wheel bearing pack for the right-rear wheel. Later they called to say that 1.) they broke off a rusted part trying to take the wheel apart 2.) a new part wouldn’t be available until (maybe) tomorrow 3.) it was going to be an extra $200 for the job and, worst of all, 4.) the car is undrivable until the piece arrives. So now I’m sunk with an additional expense of $50/day for a Ford Focus from Enterprise.

Farewell, federal tax return. I barely knew ye.

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

The worst part is that you generally end of driving a type of car from the rental agency that you loath.