Thursday, July 29, 2004

Put it on the taxpayers' bill

I thought this anecdote was pretty humorous:
[Fox News reporter] Liza also got to learn the inner workings of Washington budget management. Standing in line for a Dunkin' Donuts coffee inside the FleetCenter ("everyone knows they have the best coffee, after all), Liza was behind Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon. As he approached the front of the line, he asked the cashier if credit cards were accepted. The cashier said no, which led to Wyden then buying a bran muffin and asking for a receipt.

"Nothing like charging a bran muffin to American taxpayers," she said.

Why am I not surprised?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm no Wyden fan, but there may be a less greedy explanation. I use my credit or debit cards to pay for almost everything that I can't pay online. I also keep track of my purchases in Quicken. So when I can't use a credit/debit card and am forced to use cash, I'll always ask for a receipt so I can keep my Quicken records accurate.