Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Document Sock
 
(A song parody to the tune of “Crocodile Rock” and dedicated to Sandy Berger) 

I remember when Donks were young
Me and Clinton had so much fun
Bombing tents and Afghan stones
Had my intel briefings and a place of my own
But the biggest kick I ever got
Was stuffing a thing called the Document Sock
While the other wonks were rockin’ round the clock
I was hopping and bopping in my Document Sock
 
Well, Doc-Socking is something shocking
When your stockings start to fill
I never got in trouble then, when I was working under Bill
National Archives – Friday nights
And notes tucked in my tighty-whites
The Document Sock was out of sight.
 
But the years went by and my clearance died
Clinton left the White House but he still would lie
Long nights dreaming of the NSC
Cramming secret papers in my old blue jeans
But they’ll never kill the thrills I got
Stuffing notes in my Document Sock
Now caught with papers in my heel
Gotta get John Ashcroft to cut me a deal

1 comment:

Fausta said...

Excellent! I'm posting it in my page, along with today's Day By Day cartoon