Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Tom says: "I'm not the President". Millions rejoice.

Everybody is blowing a gasket over Tom Daschle's comments to the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (see American Realpolitik, Curmudgeonly, and Pejman). I wish I could say I'm surprised, but Daschle has long ago co-opted the Groucho Marx character Prof. Wagstaff from "Horse Feathers" who says "Whatever it is, I'm against it!"

Take pity on this blackened amoeba, Tom Daschle. Once, he could have been President. Now, he's a shadow of a man-child, grasping for the talking points of the day which are always centered around his deep disappointment, his profound regret, his endless hand-wringing, his troubled troublement at the President's policies. Woe, woe is Tom Daschle, that he has to seek solace from the #2 overall donor to the Democrats in a desperate search for a sympathetic audience.

Oh Tom, Tom. Does it hurt much?

No comments: