Sunday, September 04, 2011

Teamsters boss questions the patriotism of Apple

Just to show I'm not paraphrasing, here's the transcript from today's interview with Jim Hoffa on CNN:
CROWLEY: I'm hearing tweets across the universe here because -- I want to go back. Are you questioning the patriotism of Apple for sitting on money rather than hiring?

HOFFA: Yes, I am.
Hoffa went on to say that American companies like Honda (?) have an obligation to build their plants in America instead of Mexico. I understand where Hoffa's coming from but - despite Candy Crowley's questions - he seemed impervious to the argument that corporations don't want to expand in an uncertain business environment. Also, Americans don't want to pay $400 for an IPod.

Extra - From Memeorandum and Campaign 2012.

No comments: