Friday, December 14, 2007

Hillary tries to turn lemons into lemonade

Hillary Clinton gave a press conference today where she pitched herself as a known quantity. It's "no surprises" from her:

"I've been tested, I've been vetted," she said. "There are no surprises. There's not going to be anybody saying, 'I didn't think of that, my goodness, what's that going to mean?'"
I've written before about the Rule of 14 and the suggestion that Americans shun candidates who have been in the public eye for too long. This personal appeal seems like a bizarre strategy for a candidate who, let's face it, is not very well liked.

"You know me"? Yeah, all too well.

Extra - Larry Kudlow wonders if this is 1972 all over again. I don't think so because I'm not sure Hillary is capable of crying.

More - Via Belmont Club, here's the chair of the Wyoming Democratic Party: "For reasons I don’t agree with and don’t completely understand, most voters in Wyoming seem to hate Hillary Clinton. This is in part due to the perception of her as being someone who supports big government, most notably through a federal government takeover of the health care system." Known quantity, indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings: Yeah, what's with this I've been tested, I've been vetted? Why not just say, I live only blocks from the White House, I still have all the furniture, and I'm champing at the bit. I've got all my decorators lined up, so there'll be no surprise. I can start right away. It'll be like old times. What are we waiting for? Christmas card to Hillary: this comes as no surprise? Maybe not to you: http://theseedsof9-11.com

The Clinton Library got some ink in Saturday's Washington Post, explaining away huge dollar donations from Clinton cronies. Hillary's name came up twice, in an article about Iowa, page A15.