Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Request for help – This morning, I was listening to Washington Journal on C-Span Radio and the call-in question was “Is Social Security in crisis?” Although most of the callers ignored this specific question, it seemed to me that an overwhelming number of them (on both the “President Bush” and “Democrats” phone lines) supported some kind of reform. At least three callers specifically said they would give up all their Social Security benefits if it meant their kids could opt out of the system and set up their own accounts. There may be much deeper support for reform than I thought.

Anyway, if anybody could find me a transcript and/or audiocast, I would love to post some of the comments that the callers made this morning. Right now the C-Span web page only has audio links for older shows; I may have to check in tomorrow and transcribe them myself but it will be worth it. Thanks!

Extra – After listening to those callers on C-Span this morning, I think Robert Moran may be on to something here: “Personal Accounts will happen.”

No comments: