Saturday, February 26, 2005

Now that’s what I call eclectic

Here are the first 15 songs I downloaded from ITunes:

“Accidentally in Love” – Counting Crows
“The Auctioneer” – Leroy Van Dyke
“Ophelia” – Gibson Brothers
“Deep Purple” – Nino Tempo and April Stevens
“The Unicorn” – Irish Rovers
“Alone” – Susan Tedeschi
“A Little Less Conversation (remix)” – Elvis Presley
“The Devil Went Down to Georgia” – Charlie Daniels
“We’re Gonna Make It” – Little Milton
“Mohammed’s Radio” – Linda Ronstadt
“Golddigger” – Supreme Beings of Leisure
“Friends of P” – Rentals
“Lucas with the Lid Off” – Lucas
“The Bad Touch” – Bloodhound Gang
“Jack, You’re Dead” – Louis Jordan

Discuss amongst yourselves.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eclectic? It's more like schizophrenic!

Dusty said...

Were the downloads purposeful or accidental?

Anonymous said...

Wow. I haven't heard "The Auctioneer" since I was a little kid, and it brings back good memories of mom & dad's 8-track. I'm downloading it now.

Anonymous said...

Though many of my political leanings appall and repel Mr. L, he must confess one thing: "At least that mealy-mouthed pinko clued me in on the godhead that is Louis Jordan."

You have only taken the first step. One Louis download down, another 35 to go!

Anonymous said...

Isn't there another singer who did Mohammed's Radio before Linda Ronstadt?

Eric said...

I think Warren Zevon did the original, but a better question is "who wrote that song?"

As an obvious guideline, I don't download songs I already have on CD, and I have Zevon's version.