Monday, January 03, 2005

You got me monologue-ing!

For some unexplained reason, today was designated “New Years Day” by my work so I had the day to myself sans children and wife. So after a couple of chores, I headed to the theater to catch a $4 matinee of “The Incredibles.” Including me, there were exactly two people in the audience.

Well, the movie was just great. I loved how quotidian domestic conflicts were interspersed with extraordinary characters in extreme situations. I laughed out loud as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible squabbled over which was the best exit to take off the highway to get to the city-destroying Omnidroid. Meanwhile, Dash is in the back whining: “Are we there yet?” Classic…and destined for a sequel.

(P.S. – And I got to see the trailer for Star Wars III. All for $4!)

1 comment:

me said...

A $4 movie??

Here in the Bay Area, the bargain matinee is $8, & that's before 11AM

Sheesh

beautifulatrocities