Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Most likely the only story today with the words “cyborgian innards

Scot Lehigh in the Boston Globe has an article titled “Will Bush fight Kerry like Tyson or the Terminator?

And yet, though Bush has bounced back to a basic tie, he has not dealt Kerry a crippling blow. Now, having raised $67 million in the last two months, Kerry has a chance to repair the damage by presenting himself in a flattering light with a heavy buy of biographical spots.
I’m fascinated by all the chatter about Kerry’s Vietnam biographical Vietnam ads. I caught one on CNN this past weekend and I thought it was awful. It focused almost entirely on the man with nearly no details about his record. There’s some vague reference to “fighting for people” – Bob Shrum alert! – which, based on Kerry’s scant legislative record, must mean “I voted just like Ted Kennedy wanted me to.”

No comments: