Saturday, May 22, 2004

The New Jersey bellwether

From Columbia Journalism Review’s Campaign Desk (via Buzz Machine):

Those familiar with New Jersey politics agree that if, in fact, New Jersey is shaping up as a closely-contested battleground state, then the press is missing a bigger story: An impending landslide for Bush. As the Newark Star-Ledger's Hassell told Campaign Desk, "If it is close in New Jersey, then the [national] race will be a romp for Bush."
Right now, it’s close in New Jersey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living in NJ myself I see more and more of the liberals in my area turning to Bush for this election. It's quite odd to see.

That said love the blog :)

Eric said...

Thanks! I'm a transplant from New Jersey myself, born and bred. I don't know how NJ turned into a blue state - when I was there, Tom Kean (R) was a hugely popular governor.