Thursday, May 20, 2004

The 9/11 hearings jump the shark

That’s the opinion of the American Spectator today:

The 9/11 Commission hearings reached a terminal level of absurdity in New York on Tuesday and Wednesday. Commissioners spent their time attacking the officials responsible for preventing a much greater loss of life, thereby giving the venerable Western tradition of self-criticism another black eye. Meanwhile, spectators and survivors continued to play the card of victimhood, interrupting testimony and carrying on with all the dignity of antiwar protesters at a rally in Union Square.
The NY Post agrees with “A National Disgrace.”

2 comments:

Hei Lun said...

Jumped the shark? That implies it was ever useful to begin with.

Anonymous said...

I often posted on this very issue on FreeSpeech.com, which might now be dead forever.

I hope to blog somewhere else, even if FreeSpeech.com eventually does come back up and running.

Can I get an author account here, or do you know where else I can get one?

I posted as Vikingas, but usually signed my name, "Steven G. Erickson"
trvl@hotmail.com