Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The NYT is a garbage paper full of mean girls

Ace: "Neocon Lesbian Bari Weiss Leaves the New York Times, Blaming Woke Millennials for Poisoning the Paper."

Here's her entire resignation letter, pouring vitriol on the New York Times for punishing Wrongthink and letting the Heathers run the joint:
My own forays into Wrongthink have made me the subject of constant bullying by colleagues who disagree with my views. They have called me a Nazi and a racist; I have learned to brush off comments about how I’m “writing about the Jews again.” Several colleagues perceived to be friendly with me were badgered by coworkers. My work and my character are openly demeaned on company-wide Slack channels where masthead editors regularly weigh in. There, some coworkers insist I need to be rooted out if this company is to be a truly “inclusive” one, while others post ax emojis next to my name. Still other New York Times employees publicly smear me as a liar and a bigot on Twitter with no fear that harassing me will be met with appropriate action. They never are.
This letter is great not (only) because it confirms everything I suspected about the corrupt NY Times but that it's so well written.  They harassed this woman out of a job and kept Michelle Goldberg.

The Babylon Bee called it:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One week ago, Bari Weiss signed the Harper's letter opposing "cancel culture."

Now Weiss wants those people who've demeaned her work or posted hurtful emojis about her to be "met with appropriate action."

Anonymous said...

"I'm not going to confront your argument that it was indefensible that fellow Times staffers slurred you in public as a Nazi, a racist, a liar and a bigot.

But how dare you suggest that a hostile work environment should be met with appropriate action by the Times' management?"

Anonymous said...

Bari Weiss is a conservative who falsely describes herself as a "centrist." Much of Weiss' work is also dubious, taking flimsy claims and rhetorically expanding them into chilling trends. Her own hiring by the NY Times undermines her "ostracized by cancel culture" narrative.

After the Times published Senator Tom Cotton's "Let's crush protesters with the Army" op-ed column, Weiss had this to say about the negative response by the newspaper's staff:
"They call it "safetyism," in which the right of people to feel emotionally and psychologically safe trumps what were previously considered core liberal values, like free speech."

That was one month ago. Today, she is that snowflake, the one she invented in order to criticize.

But hey, the once fiery Milo Yiannopoulis is more or less homeless now. So a slot has opened up, just waiting to be filled by another self-defined speech martyr. Good luck, Bari!

Anonymous said...


"You claim to have been in a hostile work environment, yet you were hired there! Just stop lying!"

Anonymous said...

Duh.