Monday, January 09, 2006

Osama Bin Laden dead?

Normally when I see reports like this, it’s from a discredited news source like the “Bulgarian Gazette” or “Al-Alabra” or “The New York Times.” But here’s a (potential) blockbuster from the usually level-headed National Review:

And, according to Iranians I trust, Osama bin Laden finally departed this world in mid-December. The al Qaeda leader died of kidney failure and was buried in Iran, where he had spent most of his time since the destruction of al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
I was absolutely convinced that Bin Laden was pushing up poppies when he failed to release a video on the one-year anniversary of 9/11. Hopefully this story has some truth behind it although I think the kidney failure story is unconfirmed. We’ll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm deader than George W. Bush's Social Security graft-a-thon!