Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Mirna and Schmirna lose!

Oh, I’m so very happy. The insufferable team of Mirna and Charla were eliminated on tonight’s episode of “The Amazing Race 5.” For the uninitiated, the show has eleven teams of two racing around the world, performing various challenges along the way. The show (apparently) sought out a “little person” to compete and thus we were forced to endure the endless self-martyrdom of whiny Mirna and tiny Charla who reminded us 5-50X a show that “they were just as strong as the other teams!”

They then used Charla’s “handicap” to gain favor from unsuspecting persons all over the globe demonstrating they were not as good as the other teams, unless it was in the sport of playing on people’s sympathies. Even at the end, viewers weren’t spared a huge plate of self-glorifying pity (“I had to work triple-hard as everyone else!”) Here’s the world’s smallest violin for you, Charla. Good riddance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the world's "triple-smallest" violin.

Anonymous said...

I was glad when they lost, too, but then realized how much I had enjoyed watching them -- kinda like the villain or villainess you "love to hate". The thing I will not miss is the constant "come on, hurry up Charla" over and over again. As a relatively short (5'1") person, I just wanted to shout "Her legs are only 2 feet long -- what do you expect from her?" -- Lorie

Anonymous said...

I love the show and thought Mirna and Charla where a hoot, I was pulling for them.