Saturday, February 02, 2008

It's a message coming through my radio

Driving home tonight through the streets of Amherst, Massachusetts, I heard the song "Eli's Coming" by Three Dog Night.

Obviously, this was an ethereal reminder to make my Super Bowl prediction tonight in case I'm too distracted to do so tomorrow. So here goes: Patriots 39 - Giants 16. How did I come up with such a score? I have "9" and "6" in the office pool.

Go Pats!

Fun trivia - The greatest quarterback ever was the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan Marino coulda been the greatest quarterback ever, too, if only his coach had been a recidivist cheater like Belichick.

Anonymous said...

Tom Brady got peeved when Plaxico Burress predicted a final score of 21-17 Giants. ""We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady scoffed before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense?"

Randy Moss: "I think the pressure is more on them now, since they've guaranteed this victory. We've prepared very hard for the last week and a half, and we still have got a couple more days to get out there and tone some things up. But making a prediction that you are going to go out there and make it happen are very tough words to back up."

Moss was right, and so was Brady. Because Burress was wrong to predict New England would score 17 points.

And after the way New York pounded Brady, Burress might've sneaked onto the field to play defense at that. It looked like about 13 guys were out there.

Anonymous said...

Wrong again Viking Pundit. As I said before, stick tot he Amazing Race.

Pat said...

Heheh, I was ready to anoint Brady too, but at this point, the greatest quarterback ever was the 82nd pick in the 1979 NFL Draft.