Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm officially old

The #1 song in the UK on February 14th, 1968? "Mighty Quinn" by Manfred Mann

In the United States, it was the lame "Love is Blue" by Paul Mauriat. Ugh.

Anyway, this is all a setup to note that 1) today's my birthday and 2) I'm 40. Which means I'm middle-age unless I use my father as a yardstick and then I'm two-thirds age. Unfortunately, Thursdays are a terrible day for introspection because I have work, then school, then "Lost." So I'll take my leave with this one piece of trivia from my four decades on this earth: the best dinner I ever had was a steak au poivre verte at Maison des Tanneurs in Strasbourg, France. C'est magnifique!

Does that sound snobbish? Well, I love NASCAR too, so it probably cancels out. Can you believe how well the Toyotas tested at Daytona? They might win the Great American Race.

I'm a complex fellow. Good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

- Timothy

Anonymous said...

Two different #1 songs at the same time? Isn't it ironic... don't you think?

skeneogden said...

From a guy who can actually remember listening to those two songs while I was in high school, Happy birthday!

Ah to be 40 again.