Sunday, December 18, 2005

President Bush’s speech on Iraq

The transcript is on the Corner and Glenn Reynolds notes that by taking responsibility for the war, Bush is laying down a marker to take credit in the future. It was a good speech, if only because it’s the kind of address Bush should have been giving on a more regular basis, especially this part:

I also want to speak to those of you who did not support my decision to send troops to Iraq: I have heard your disagreement, and I know how deeply it is felt. Yet now there are only two options before our country — victory or defeat. And the need for victory is larger than any president or political party, because the security of our people is in the balance. I do not expect you to support everything I do, but tonight I have a request: Do not give in to despair, and do not give up on this fight for freedom.
Captain Ed and Michelle Malkin live-blogged the speech while Mark Steyn has some related thoughts. (Lorie Byrd, too).

More speech reaction: MacsMind says “fantastic and masterful” while The Revolution will be Blogged writes “Sober, strong and soaring.”

No comments: