Friday, June 24, 2005

Ten songs you never get tired of

Normally I ignore these lists/meme challenges, but Dr. T got my blood up with his rotten list. Those cloying Five for Fighting songs? Annie Lennox’s plodding “No more I love you’s”? Ugh.

Well, without thinking about it too much, here’s my list with (as proscribed) five different music genres and ten different artists:

Rock: “Sick of Myself” – Matthew Sweet
“The Mayor of Simpleton” – XTC

Pop: “Deep Purple” – Nino Tempo & April Stevens
“Undun” – Guess Who

R&B: “Without Love” – Clyde McPhatter
“Papa was a Rolling Stone” – The Temptations

Country: “I’m so Lonesome I could Cry” – Hank Williams
“Blue Moon of Kentucky” – Elvis Presley

Classical: “Polonaise in A-flat major” – Chopin
“Jacksons Monk and Rowe” – Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet

Discuss.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I never get tired of An American Trilogy by Elvis and 99 Luft Balloons by Nena.

Anonymous said...

Rolling Stones - Monkey Man
War - Low Rider
Alison Krauss - Let me touch you for a while

and since we're coming up on Independence day:

David Bowie - Young American
Tom Petty - American Girl