Friday, December 05, 2003

For serious political wonks only: State polls for Democrats

Real Clear Politics has updated polls from individual states for the Democratic candidates running for president. Most interesting is the Kerry Katastrophe: while most candidates can claim front-runner status in at least one state, Kerry can’t even say that about his home state of Massachusetts. Now, with humiliation looming in New Hampshire, Mickey Kaus has launched the Kerry Withdrawal Contest soliciting the best excuse for Senator Splunge to pull out of the race.

Here’s mine: “Over the past year, I’ve been accused of taking contradictory positions on many issues. However, there is one issue on which I pledge to stay consistent: my inconsistency. In that spirit, I hereby declare that I am not running for President. All past statements are now null and void, except for the ones that are still operational. Thank you.”

No comments: