Wednesday, May 07, 2003

A hateful anti-Israel screed – from a former Congressman

Don’t ask me how I stumbled upon this venomous article from the Saudi Gazette titled "Liberating America from Israel”. As I started reading, I muttered to myself “here they go again” until I noted the white-bread name “Paul Findley” who was a Republican member of the House of Representatives from Illinois.

Thanks to the suffocating influence of Israel's U.S. lobby, open discussion of the Arab-Israeli conflict has been non-existent in our government all these years. I have firsthand knowledge, because I was a member of the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee in June 1967 when Israeli military forces took control of the Golan Heights, a part of Syria, as well as the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza.

Just marched right in! Unprovoked by the peace-loving Palestinians and their Arab brothers!

All joking aside, this is a bitter and nauseating diatribe, untethered from reality. I’m saddened to think that civic-minded people once voted this rodent to Congress.

Extra credit: Read Joseph Farah’s World Net Daily article on how PLO cheerleader Findley was driven out of office and how he spends his shadow-world days blaming Israel for 9/11.

No comments: