Monday, January 23, 2012

SOTU cliche betting - The UK betting site PaddyPower is taking bets on the first cliche used by Obama in tomorrow night's State of the Union address.  As it stands "We have more work to do" is the current favorite at 8-1 while "Life is like a box of chocolates" is running in last place at 225-1.

Exact wording is required so that disqualifies my straw-man entry of "Some people say (extreme position) while others say (opposite extreme position) but I say (rational moderate course)."

I may have to fall back on the high/low for variations of "fairness."  I'm going with 18.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama: "On the day I took office, our auto industry was on the verge of collapse. Some even said we should let it die."

Ha! Only a make-believe straw man would "say" something so extreme.

Anonymous said...

Some people say (extreme position) while others say (opposite extreme position) but I say (rational moderate course)... and all three of those statements are Mitt Romney's!

sbobet said...

other ancientsbo
sbo
Jewish