Monday, March 08, 2004

The self-Fisking Kerry

When I found out that Kerry had an interview in Time this week, I felt a twinge of annoyance that he continues to receive so much media coverage.

Then I read the interview:

TIME: And you as Commander in Chief would not have made these mistakes but would have gone to war?
KERRY: I didn't say that.

TIME: I'm asking.
KERRY: I can't tell you.

TIME: Is it a secret?
KERRY: I could respond “yes” or “no” to that question, but the answer is more nuanced than that.

Well, I made up that last one, but the whole interview is a train wreck. Kerry’s handlers would have earned their paychecks if they had attached large cow magnets to all recording devices and seized the reporters’ notes. I could spend hours going through each half-answer, but since both Stephen Green and Steven Denbeste have done the legwork, I’ll refer to them.

No comments: