CNN’s JAKE TAPPER: “And you said it was allowed, too.”Good ole "passive voice" permission. Of course, the State Department Inspector General released a report today indicating that: no, using a private email server was not allowed. Reddit has a megathread on this topic but I think this guy has the best post summing up the accumulation of lies Hillary has lied about:
HILLARY CLINTON: “Yes, it was.”
TAPPER: “Who allowed it?”
CLINTON: “It was allowed under the rules of the state department. And, again…”
TAPPER: “So nobody signed off on it?”
CLINTON: “No, it was allowed."
1) Hillary never sought permission to use a private email server
2) The private server violated standing State Department rules
3) After pledging to be "as helpful as possible", Hillary and key aides refused to talk with investigators
4) Staff was told to STFU about Hillary's server
5) Very early into its existence, the server was subject to several hacking attempts
Let's see: we have the IG report, Guccifer is taking a plea deal, and Brian Pagliano is already spilling the beans to the FBI.
Bernie, you magnificent bastard!
Extra - Free Beacon: "Clinton Failed to Report Multiple Attempts to Hack Personal Email"
“Notification is required when a user suspects compromise of, among other things, a personally owned device containing personally identifiable information,” investigators wrote in the report, which was released on Wednesday. “However, OIG found no evidence that the Secretary or her staff reported these incidents to computer security personnel or anyone else within the Department.”Of course not. Too many secret yoga routines.
More - Politico: "The 9 biggest revelations in the State IG report on Clinton's emails."
Even more - Commentary: "Why Hillary's rule-breaking matters."