Thursday, April 28, 2016

Does it matter who's President?

Charles Lane says no, since the federal government is going to be on autopilot: "Entitlements reform, RIP."
Seventy-five percent of planned federal spending between now and the end of the next two presidential terms is mandatory: Social Security, Medicare and other entitlement programs, plus interest on the national debt, according to Congressional Budget Office forecasts. That money is going out the door no matter who’s president.
Neither Trump or Clinton are proposing anything to stop the bleeding from these programs and super-panderer Clinton is talking about expanding them.  Let's double that national debt again.

1 comment:

sdharms said...

How is SS entitlement? I paid in, give me back what I paid in and I will go away. I am not "entitled" to other peoples money, just my own.