Friday, December 16, 2011

Computer problems - My son's computer has intermittent Wi-Fi connection: sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't.  The troubleshooting - both written and digital - is useless, e.g. "is it plugged in?"  The computer sees my modem address but won't connect to the network.  None of my other computers has a problem with connecting.  Frustrating.

Update - OK, here's what happened.  I found an online forum with somebody who had the same problem and it turns out he/she said there was a program interfering with the wireless connection.  I found some online game he plays and clicked on "Properties" then "Security" and changed all the settings from "Allow" to "Deny" for system control.  Rebooted, search for networks, voila.  You gotta watch these kids every second.

1 comment:

stacie28 said...

Computer issues are very annoying! I was so frustrated when my computer crashed last week. I thought I lost everything! Then, a friend of mine recommended me a computer expert called Yuri Mintskovsky. Fortunately, my computer was fixed thanks to this experienced and professional guy!