Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm unemployed

Today was my last day at a job I've held since I graduated from college twenty years ago. I won't get into all the details of my departure but I got to a point where I couldn't see a pathway forward in my career. So I sought out a new job and got one; I'm starting Monday.

What does this mean? Well, maybe the job market is not as bad as people think. Or maybe it's not so bad for engineers. Or maybe I got lucky. One thing for sure is that I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life and see where it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes.

Eric said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! It takes some guts to leave what is known and comfortable to try something new. Here's hoping it all works for the best!

Bram said...

Good for you.

From what I've seen, the jon market isn't that bad for experienced people and good engineers are still in demand.